Tuesday, May 24, 2016

follow me on instagram!!! :) + beta readers?


Hi guys,

I know it's been a while (almost a month) since I've last posted! I've been pretty busy with all of this prep work for getting published, trying to complete another project before I get the next round of edits in from my editor, and organizing all of my stuff (like my books)! Last month I announced that I'm going to be published through Swoon Reads, and I am still super excited about this!!! The best way to find information about my upcoming book through them is by joining the site, Swoonreads.com, and checking out blog posts, etc. It's a great site with a lot of great authors and opportunities for you to be introduced to someone new to read!

The book that's getting published was formally known as Prisoner of Glass, but has recently gotten a new title. I'd tell it to you, but I don't want to spoil anything and would rather wait a bit. :) I'm evil like that.

Anyway, the true purpose for this post is to let you all know that while I'm a bit too busy to post a ton here on the blog, I will be posting more and more on my instagram account. I do also have a Twitter, but I'm not on often and plan on using that more closer to next year when the book is being released.

Links to all of these accounts are in the About Me section which can be found at the top left of this blog. However, to make it easier, here is my instagram handle: @TempestChani

I LOOOVE following book accounts so if you are one I might end up following you back!

Fair warning, I post a lot of pictures of animals (especially my two cats), books, and the outdoors (when I can be bothered to put down my laptop or current read to venture into the world, that is). The photo above is not one that I took. It's a stock image from fotolia I purchased eons ago and never used so figured I might as well here. I plan on posting more about my writing, what I'm currently doing with it, etc. as time goes on. Like mentioned above, between edits I'm working on a new book!

It's one I've tried to write about half a dozen times and always end up hating and giving up on fifty or so pages in. Not this time! I'm happy to say that I'm about 3/4ths done with it this time! I'm going to be going over it once it's done and doing some quick rough edits, then I'll have one or two beta readers check it out before I decide if it's ready to be queried about.

That being said, if you're interested in helping me out and being a beta, let me know in a comment here or on my Goodreads.com page! I already have one (hi, Amanda!) so am really only looking for one or two more people. Keep in mind this is going to be a super secret project, and only the three people I give rough first drafts to will be reading it. I don't intend to self publish this any time soon, and actually hope to start looking into getting it traditionally published as well. :)

This first book series is going to be keeping me pretty busy the rest of the year, so I'm really hoping I can get this new book done and reviewed within the next few months or so before I get crazy busy writing the second book in what was once called the Glass Skies trilogy. Obviously, this is no longer the name, however, for lack of anything to call it in this immediate post that's what you're getting lol. It's better than merely saying, that thing with three books I'm writing, right?

Ok, maybe not.

Sorry this has been a long one, guys! Not sure when I'll be getting back on to post again. Check out my instagram as suggested in order to keep better up to date with everything going on, or, you know, just to see a couple of cute felines and a lot of novels. That works too. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

WELCOME